- Prescot Festival
- Friday 21 June 2013
- Saturday 22 June 2013
- Sunday 23 June 2013
- Monday 24 June 2013
- Thursday 27 June 2013
- Wednesday 26 June 2013
- Friday 28 June 2013
- Saturday 29 June 2013
- Sunday 30 June 2013
- Prescot Festival 2012
- What’s On
- Maps & Venues
A Merseyside arts festival is marking the Benjamin Britten centenary with a performance of one of the composer’s most famous works later this year.
The Wirral Symphony Orchestra will play Four Sea Interludes from Peter Grimes as part of the Prescot Festival in June, along with Elgar’s celebrated Cello Concerto (soloist Gethyn Jones) and Dvorak’s Symphony No. 8. The occasion is just one of many around the world this year, as singers, musicians and concertgoers commemorate 100 years since Britten’s birth.
The 10-day programme also features the Liverpool Harmonic Gospel Choir, the much-loved musical theatre company BOST, and the songsters and band of the Salvation Army, celebrating 125 years of the church in the town.
Other highlights of the week include Young Instrumentalist of Prescot and the Prescot Festival Short Story Competition, both in their second year following successful launches in 2012.
“The festival is all about putting the best of local arts and music on display in a way that’s affordable and accessible for everyone”, said Artistic Director Dr Robert Howard, who founded the Prescot Festival in 2005. “There are lots of ways to get involved, whether you want to participate yourself or just watch and listen”.
The Ninth Annual Prescot Festival takes place from Friday 21 to Sunday 30 June 2013 in the historic Lancashire town of Prescot, Merseyside. More information, including the full programme, is available at www.prescotfestival.co.uk.
- Welcome to the official website of Arts in Prescot and the annual Prescot Festival of Music and the Arts. We are a voluntary community group that promotes and organises arts, culture and entertainment events in and around the historic Lancashire town of Prescot, Merseyside.
- Two Days to 2013 Prescot Festival | Arts in Prescot on Friday 21 June 2013
- Three Days to Go: Tickets Still Available | Arts in Prescot on Contact
- Three Days to Go: Tickets Still Available | Arts in Prescot on Friday 21 June 2013
- Three Days to Go: Tickets Still Available | Arts in Prescot on Prescot Festival Tickets on Sale
- Prescot Festival of Music & the Arts | Open Culture on Wednesday 26 June 2013